Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Jumelage

We just got back from Tanzania/Zanzibar last week, but more about that next time... There is quite a story to tell about this country, but not today because I want to talk about my work.
I work for a coordination office which operates for a partnership that my federal state back in Germany (Rhineland-Palatinate....or whatever the name is in English) has with Rwanda.
It's actually a very interesting concept because there are communities in Rwanda and Germany that have had very close ties since more than 25 years. It consists of cultural exchange programs, school and church partnerships, very dedicated private people, and of course funding of projects. Our job at the office in the partnership process is that we coordinate between the two sides. That basically means that we check on the projects that the Rwandans initiate in their beautiful country with German money.



This picture shows the largest office building on our compound. This is the first thing you see when you enter the gate to our property.






I've been put in the microprojects and income generating projects department. Where I share an office with my dear colleague Félicité.... I have to admit that it is mostly her who actually works in our office. I just do those things that need to be done in German, meaning my job is basically to do translations of finance requests. The translations are done from French to German, which taught me that you don't actually need to speak a language to be able to translate it :D


Our office is the one on the left. The other one is for social projects.

No comments: